Interrogate yourself



 There are few questions we really need to ask ourselves, but we don’t.. Either because we dread to know the truth or because we aren’t really bothered. Well, why don’t you spend a ten minutes on this post and give it a thought?!? ..Am sure it would make you know yourself better than before(at least a little!)
C’mon..just start off!

1.Whom do I love, and what am I doing about it?
All of us love someone in this world..but most of us don’t express it in the right way or in the right time! If you aren’t spending time with the people you love, change that. If you are holding a grudge against a family member, let it go and reconcile. If you’ve done something to hurt a loved one, ask for forgiveness. Drop the pride, and make up. If you haven’t seen someone in awhile, call them right away.
C’mon! Just go tell your mom you love her. I tell you..nothing really feels better than that.

2.Am I pursuing my dream, or is fear stopping me?
What have you always wanted to do? Maybe something you dreamed of as a child but have given up as unrealistic? Maybe something you still want to do but are afraid of failing? What fears are stopping you? What would be the worst that could happen if you overcame those fears and pursued your dream? Ask these questions and don’t ever give up on those dreams..We’ve JUST one life.
But, if you’re already pursuing your dream, pat yourself on the back. You’re doing just awesome!

3. What am I doing to help others?
What have you done lately to help people out? Have you been compassionate? Have you been there for anyone? Listened? Volunteered for those in need? It isn’t all about living for yourself and only yourself. The joy of doing something for someone can be felt only if done, And most important—don’t ever expect anything in return.
Helping doesn’t always mean, its something to be done to someone you already know. So, Let this be a start for you to do something for the deprived ones. The smile in those new faces when you do something for them..its jus divine!

4. Am I as good a person as I want to be?
It’s not easy to be a good person, at least not all of the time. It’s so much easier to be selfish, greedy, jealous and what not (nothing to feel ashamed..its common). But is that how you want to be remembered? Is that how you want to live your life?
Every time we get a thought like THAT..lets tell ourselves how good we are..Am sure none of us want to shatter those expectations we have on ourselves.

5. Am I doing what I really want to do?
Well..this is one question most of us have a NO for. Just ask yourself if you are doing things for your happiness or for the sake of others. If it’s the latter, I guess its time to work upon it. Start listening to your heart.

6. What am I grateful for?
I would say this is the most important question that you need to ask yourself EVERYDAY. All of us might be grateful to different things and different people. But there is one person that we ought to be grateful to--GOD!
It wouldn’t take much of your time to thank him for this life of yours. Let us not pray only when we want something from him.

7. What’s missing in my life?
If there is something that is missing in your life and you feel incomplete without it, just go for it and make it fall in the right place. And suppose you don’t find it..just think it wasn’t worth you and move on with a smile.

8. What do I need to change about myself?
There is just one question that would give you a list of answers for this—‘ask yourself if you would be friends with yourself’.. Its just as simple as that! Honest and from-the-heart answers can really change a number of things in you.

9. Do I have fun?
What’s life without fun? Create time for yourself and do something that you think is fun. (I call it “My Time”). I promise, it makes you feel SO much better.

10. What am I most proud of?
There would be something that each of us is proud about ourselves. It could be some special talent, skill, our looks, our hair, our personality, our language, our parents, our siblings, our passion, our love, our friends..actually the list goes on and on and on. So think about it and love yourself for it.

11. Do I hold grudges?
Well, who doesn’t? But it isn’t something that we need to be proud of. Why can’t we take the first step to talk it out? A little difficult I know.. but still can be tried.

12. Do I smile more than I frown?
I have this friend, who used to ask me to go see the mirror whenever I get really angry and start screaming. You know, it really works! The next second you find yourself laughing on seeing your evil-twin on the mirror. Why don’t you give it a try?
It isn’t very hard to keep smiling always, in fact it has an additional advantage—you look so good when you do that!!

13. What do you want people to say about you after you are no longer living?
What is your legacy? Try answering this and you would start doing things that make others have a good opinion about you. It is really difficult to be in the good books of EVERYONE around you..not denied..but it is really easy to make your loved ones love you more.So kick off..and try having as many loved ones as u can!

14. What other questions do I have?
Have I really asked myself all that I want to? If your answer is NO..am happy that you are taking efforts..So, jot down your other questions and make your life a lot better as you answer them. And if your answer is yes..you are as lazy as I am. Well, nothing wrong..We always like it short and sweet right?

15. Have I wasted time reading this post?
Gosh! Please say your answer is NO. But even otherwise, nothing can be done. You are already through with the post (*winks*)

0 comments:

Post a Comment